What is Annual ROC compliance filing?
Companies which are formed under companies act, 2013 or the erstwhile companies act, 1956 are required to file an annual report within the stipulated time. ROC Annual filing is governed under section 129 & 137 of the companies act, 2013.
With the introduction of electronic mode of Annual ROC filing, it becomes more convenient for every enterprise to annually file their report with the registrar of companies (ROC).
BENEFITS OF ROC FILINGS
1.) Explicit The Financial Position:
The annual ROC Compliance of LLP consists of the compilation of total annual financial statements of the company for the entire year. Filing annual ROC Compliance of LLP helps to analyse or determine the financial position of the company.
2.) Proof Of The Existence Of The Company:
Annual ROC Compliance of LLP provides existential proof of the company.
The government will update the record of the company based on the annual ROC filing by the company.
If the company fails to abide by the annual ROC compliance then it might be considered as fake and name of the company can be strike down by the ROC.
5.) Protection Against A Penalty:
Companies who fail to comply by the annual ROC compliance might be charged with penalties. Hence, timely annual filings will protect the company from defrauding.
|NAME OF E-FORM||PURPOSE OF E-FORM||ATTACHMENTS||DUE DATE OF FILING||APPLICABILITY ON COMPANY||Due date for 2021|
|Form 11||Annual LLP Returns||Details of partners & their business||60 days from end of financial year||Limited liability partnership (LLP)||30 May|
|Form ADT-1||Auditor’s Appointment||Letter of Appointment, Confirmation Letter from Company||15 days from the date of AGM.||Private Company, Public Limited Companies, Listed Company, One Person Company||14 October|
|DIR-3 KYC||Director KYC||PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Address proof, contact info, email||180 days from the end of financial year||Private Company, Public Limited Companies, Listed Company, One Person Company||30 September|
|Form AOC-4 and Form AOC-4 CFS (in case of Consolidated financial statements)||Filing of Annual Accounts||Board Report along with annexures: MGT-9, AOC-2, CSR Report, Corporate Governance Report, Secretarial Audit Report etc.. as per the nature of Company and financial statements||30 days from the date of the AGM (In case of OPC within 180 days from the close of financial year)||Private Company, Public Limited Companies, One Person Company||30 October|
|Form AOC-4 (XBRL)||Filing of Annual Accounts in XBRL mode||XML document of financials of the Company||30 days from the date of the AGM||Listed companies in India and their Indian subsidiaries (or) a public company With paid-up capital >= 5 crores (or) With turnover>=100 crores||30 October|
|Form MGT-7||Filing of Annual Return||List of shareholders, debenture holders, Share Transfer, MGT-8||60 days from the date of AGM.||Private Company, Public Limited Companies, Listed Company, One Person Company||29 November|
|Form CRA-4||Filing of Cost Audit Report||XML document of Cost Audit report||30 days from the receipt of Cost Audit Report||Companies prescribed as per The Companies act, 2013 amended from time to time.||Within 30 days of cost audit report|
|Form MGT-14||Filing of resolutions with MCA regarding approval of Board Report and Annual Accounts||Certified true copy of the resolution.||30 days from the date of concerned Board Meeting||Public Companies and Listed Companies (Exempted for private companies)||Within 30 days of board meeting|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’S)
Q.) What is the last date for annual ROC compliance filing?
Depending on the nature of the form the last date of ROC filing will differ. All the details pertaining to different ROC forms are mentioned in the main section of the article.
Q.) What is the process for annual return filing with ROC?
1.) Download the forms from the MCA website, follow these steps:
- Go to MCA website
- MCA services menu
- Company Forms Download.
2.) Fill in the appropriate E-forms that are applicable for your company
- Attach pdf or XML documents as per the requirement of the form
- Press Check form
- Attach the Digital Signature of the Director and Practicing professional
3.) Get yourself registered on the MCA portal as a Business User or registered user.
- Generate your unique ID & password and keep it safe so as to login with the same credentials in future.
Q.) Login then upload E-forms online
- Browse the forms that are filled & duly signed by you and upload them.
5.) Once all the forms are uploaded correctly and all other information input if provided correctly, the system will automatically generate a Service Request Number (SRN).
6.) Payment options: Two options are available:
- Pay Later and save the challan generated and pay within the due time.
- Payment via Net banking/Debit/Credit card facility simultaneously and save the payment challan for future reference.
7.) Once all this process is complete, one can track the status of transaction through SRN using MCA services menu.
- Put in the details of SRN generated in the challan and you will be able to verify whether your form is approved or it is pending for approval with MCA.
Q.) What is XBRL Filing?
- XBRL stands for Extensible business reporting language.
- XBRL is an electronic language and the most effective way of communicating company’s financial data which helps in standardising the complete process round the globe. Some of the benefits of aligning your business financial data in the XBRL format are that it’s a cost & time saving process, greater efficiency, accuracy and reliability in analysing the financial data of any company.
Q.) Is XBRL Filing mandatory?
Yes, for certain class of companies annual ROC compliance filing in AOC-4-XBRL format is mandatory-
- Companies listed on any stock exchange in India.
- Subsidiaries of companies mentioned in Point (1).
- Paid-up capital of INR 5 Crore & above.
- Annual turnover of INR 100 Crore & above.
- Companies need to prepare financial statements as per Indian accounting standards rule, 2015.
Q.) Which types of companies are exempted from annual filing in XBRL?
- NBFC, Housing finance companies (HFC), Banking & insurance sector companies regulated by IRDA or Banking regulation act are exempt from annual filing of financial statement in XBRL Format.
Q.) What are the benefits of putting Annual financial statements into XBRL?
- Meet international standards
- Cost efficiency
- Time saving
Q.) Is there any provision to revise an already filed annual report?
- Yes, there is a provision to revise the annual filing except Form AOC -4 & there XBRL counterparts.
- The respective fee for the forms is charged while revised annual filing assuming it as a new annual filing.